Agents Zone Main page

Maria Curie-Skłodowska University

We are a public institution of higher education, established in 1944 to foster the development and dissemination of knowledge. Since then, almost 137,000 students have graduated from the university; we have also awarded 3,000 doctoral and 640 habilitated doctoral degrees. Our research in numerous fields has contributed significantly to the development of arts and sciences in Poland, with the results consistently used in practice. Thanks to its decade-long efforts Maria Curie-Skłodowska University has won recognition both at home and abroad, and has become the workplace of leading faculty and a school for highly qualified specialists in many fields.

If you don't know which course to choose ask a question

Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Maria Curie-Skłodowska University
  • Programs
  • About school
  • Admission
  • Scholarship
  • Accommodation
  • Location

Language courses

Course Location Price Fee per semestr
Summer School of the Polish Language and Culture (1 - 4 weeks) Lublin 800 € 800 €
One year Polish course (1 year) Lublin 2100 € 1050 €


Course Location Price Fee per semestr
Computer Sciences (3 years) Lublin 12000 € 2000 €
BSc in Mathematics and Actuarial Mathematics (3 years) Lublin 8400 € 1400 €


Course Location Price Fee per semestr
Master in Graphic Art Studies (1 year) Lublin 2000 € 1000 €
International Business Management (2 years) Lublin 6000 € 1500 €
Materials Chemistry (2 years) Lublin 6000 € 1500 €

About school

The university currently employs 428 professors and habilitated doctors as well as 1,286 faculty members with doctoral and master´s degrees, working in state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries and modern lecture rooms. The university enrolls over 34,000 undergraduate and master´s level students as well as over 800 doctoral students in full-time, extramural and evening study programs, making MCSU the largest university in the eastern part of Poland.

Our ambition is to excel in academic research and instruction. In order to meet these challenges we participate in national and international research programs and cooperate with leading national and foreign academic and research centers, while our students take part in a number of international exchange programs. We are also committed to building the system of education based on the principles stipulated in the Bologna Process documents. Our achievements have been recognized in the accreditation of degree programs by the State Accreditation Committee. The most significant task in the upcoming years is the modernization of the campus infrastructure and the implementation of the integrated computer system streamlining the management of the University.

We envision Maria Curie-Skłodowska University as actively participating in building the society of knowledge and making both Poland and the Lublin region more competitive among the countries and communities of the European Union.

The Polish Language and Culture Centre for Polish People from Abroad and Foreigners was formed in January 1991 when The Polonian Cultural and Educational Centre (established in 1975) merged with The School of Polish for Foreigners (established in 1981).

The Centre organizes study programs and courses of the Polish language and culture for foreign visitors and students of Polish origin, compiles handbooks and teaching materials, and conducts scientific research on the Polish language and culture.

The staff consist of 17 academic teachers and 6 administrative personnel. All our teachers are university graduates qualified in teaching Polish as the second language and have years of teaching experience. Instructors selected from other departments of the University are invited for special lectures and discussions.

The standard offer of the Centre is adjusted to diversified needs and requirements of participants and comprises:

  1. One-year preparatory course for foreigners who wish to study in Poland;
  2. Polish Philology - three-year undergraduate studies for foreigners;
  3. Postgraduate program in humanities for foreign students;
  4. Postgraduate program in teaching Polish as a foreign language;
  5. One-year course of the Polish language;
  6. Summer courses of Polish and Polish culture;
  7. Short-term courses of the Polish language.

Additionally, the Centre offers a variety of tailor-made courses for foreigners who want to improve their language skills and broaden their knowledge on history and culture of Poland.

The supplementary program offers trips to major Polish cities, social events and visits to museums and theatres.

In addition to its core activity, the Centre functions as a meeting place and a bridge between Eastern and Western cultures. Each year, more than 100 students from all over the world take part in our one-year program and over 250 participate in summer courses. Between 1991 and 2011 there were 8287 students from 75 countries who took part in the courses run by the Centre.

Our school is situated on the university campus, close to the town centre and occupies a modern building which contains an aula, classrooms, a library, a reading room and a computer room.

Promotional movie


In order to be admitted to programmes with English as a language of instruction, international candidates need to hold one of the following documents confirming their command of English:

  • B2 Certificate in English - adVantage,
  • B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes - adVantage,
  • Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2),
  • TELC (The European Language Certificates) exams managed by WBT Weiterbildungs-Testsysteme GmbH or TELC GmbH,
  • TELC English B2,
  • TELC English B2 Business,
  • TELC English B2 Technical,
  • TELC English C1 - issued by TELC GmbH,
  • London Tests of English, Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International),
  • London Tests of English, Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International),
  • London Tests of English, Level 5 (Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International), issued by Edexcel, managed by Pearson Language Assessments or Pearson Language Tests.
Additionally, certificates of secondary education or diplomas for education in English or other documents confirming a candidate's knowledge of English will be considered.

Apart from the above, a candidate needs to submit the following documents:

  1. Personal questionnaire generated from the Internet Recruitment System provided by Think Poland;
  2. Original/duplicate of secondary education's certificate (in the case of applying for bachelor studies) or original/duplicate of bachelor diploma (in the case of applying for 2nd degree master studies) which needs to be legalised or authorised. (please see below for the procedure details)
  3. Insurance policy, European Health Insurance Card or the candidate's obligation to join a health insurance in National Health Fund (learn how to join the NFZ - immediately after starting education at MCSU. According to repatriation regulations, a foreigner of Polish origin can be insured by MCSU.
  4. Medical certificate (clean bill of health) confirming that there are no contraindications for the candidate to start education at his or her chosen faculty.
  5. A copy of a passport (the page with a photograph and a number), visa or temporary residence card or other document qualifying the candidate for staying within the territory of the Republic of Poland. This can be submitted at the beginning of the academic year.
  6. Two current ID card-style 37x52mm photographs.
All foreign language documents need to be translated into Polish. The translation should be made by a sworn Polish language translator or Polish consul working in an office within a country in which the document was issued.

How to legalise my school certificate or a bachelor diploma to get admitted to MCSU?
Every foreign candidate who wishes to study at the higher education institution (HEI) in Poland must hold a Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC).
Secondary School Leaving Certificate - a certificate of the completion of a secondary school abroad may be accepted if the student has completed at least 11 years of education.
SSLC issued in the countries which hold an agreement on recognition of educational credentials with Poland, do not have to be recognized. The list of these countries is available at:
SSLC from other countries must be formally recognized - nostrified, by the Polish educational authority.
Foreign Secondary School Leaving Certificate may be accepted (nostrified) as an equivalent of the Polish certificate if:

  • the student has completed at least 11 years of education
  • it is legalized.
The apostille is the legalisation provided by the appropriate institution in the country where the certificate was issued - they include a clause defining the right of applying to all HEIs in the country of the certificate´s issue;
In other case, the applicant must present, apart from the school certificate, a letter from an appropriate authority from the country of the certificate´s issue (i.e. the Ministry of Education, local educational authority etc.) which confirms that the candidate is eligible to be admitted to all HEIs. The Polish Foreign Service representative office or a Consular Office verify this eligibility.
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria you are ready for a great academic adventure!

According to the international law, legalization is the process of certifying a document so that it complies with the legal system of the foreign country.
There are two types of legalization of international documents, depending on the country of issue:

  • Apostille - for Hague Convention and EU countries.
  • Legalization - for all other countries.
You can only legalize your diploma/certificate, not your transcript of records. You must present a document which proves you have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria.

Bachelor studies:
your Secondary School Leaving Certificate must include a clause which states that the candidate can continue his/her higher education in the country of the document´s issue. If such statement is not included in your certificate, you must obtain a special stamp/certificate from the Polish Embassy or another appropriate institution (most probably Ministry of Education or an equivalent office) in the country where the document was issued.
Please note: The procedure and institutions responsible for legalizing documents may vary from country to country.

If you are a citizen of one of the countries which have adopted the Hague Convention you are required to present a document called apostille. You can obtain it at the Polish Embassy, Consulate or another appropriate institution (most probably the Ministry of Education or an equivalent office) in the country where the document was issued.

A foreign candidate must go to the Polish Embassy or Consulate in his/her home country to have the documents legalized. In some countries, it is possible to obtain legalization from the Embassy/Consulate of your own country if they are authorized. Please contact your Embassy for more information.
Please note: legalization must not be done on the photocopies of documents! It must be done on a duplicate, on a separate document and, in case of some countries, on an original diploma or certificate.



University`s Accommodation

Kind Type Location Entry fee Cost per month Minimum stay
Dorm standard Lublin 100 €



Work and Study in Poland learn English and get your Student Visa to Poland in Europe.